Through our members and program participants, the Akron Area YMCA reaches more than 78,000 people annually. Providing programs and services that nurture the potential of kids, promote healthy living and foster a sense of social responsibility. Through financial assistance, supported by your Annual Campaign donations, we have been able to provide scholarships to more than 45,000 people in the communities we serve so they can learn, grow and thrive!
The YMCA is the nation's leading nonprofit organization dedicated to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Akron Area YMCA is so much more than a gym. You may know us for our Senior Retreats, Diabetes Prevention, Martial Arts, Gymnastics, Early Learning Readiness, Lifeguard Certification, Marathon Training, Swim Teams, Youth Sports, Yoga/Pilates, Family Nights, Zumba, Overnight & Day Camps, LOSE4U, and so much more!
How you can help impact your community
- CAMPAIGN. Join us in our cause to strengthen community by becoming an eCampaigner and raising funds for the YMCA
- SHARE. Your stories are our history. Share your Y story and experiences with us.
- DONATE. Here are a few ways your donations will help change our community:
- $50 can give a new swimmer a session of swim lessons, ensuring a lifetime of fun and safety in the water
- $100 provides a child one week of camp - creating life-changing experiences
- $250 funds prevents chronic disease by helping 2 community members develop lifelong healthy habits
- $500 improves the quality of life for 5 older adults by helping them stay active, healthy and connected through SilverSneakers®.
- $1,000 teaches 12 kids how to be part of a team, where they develop character values, confidence and good sportsmanship
- $1,500 helps 17 kids succeed in Before And After School Enrichment programs that focus on academics, life learning skills and positive relationships.
- $2,500 provides 40 kids with swimming lessons and life saving water skills.
- $5,000 sends 10 kids to summer camp for enriched learning and leadership experiences so they can grow into contributing and engaged adults.