YMCA Camp Y-Noah, and the Rotary Camp for Children with Special Needs have the opportunity to offer so many great programs because of the dedication and commitment of our many volunteers. These are several of the many opportunities available:
- Program Volunteers are those who wish to assist with the various program opportunities that includes Day Camp, Summer Camp, Equestrian Programs, Outdoor Education Programs, and Respite Weekends. These volunteer opportunities often require a higher level of commitment than other volunteer camp positions.
- Maintenance and Grounds Volunteers are those interested in assisting with the continual upkeep of the facilities and grounds. Projects range from painting, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, mowing, and landscaping. Sometimes greater amounts of people are needed at one time for larger projects like building new decks, and renovating buildings.
- Campaigners for the Annual Campaign are people who are interested in organizing pledge cards, making phone calls, and visiting future prospects.
- Special Event Volunteers help with our thanks for giving event, Chili Open or regatta. These two events are the largest individual fundraisers for each camp. The funds raised allow us to support children and families that could not normally afford to attend our programs.
- Committee and Board Member Volunteers provide policy and program development support for Camp Y-Noah. The Camp Y-Noah Board Committees include Facilities, Equestrian, Program, Alumni, and Financial Development. The Rotary Camp is a project of the Rotary Club of Akron.
- Equestrian Volunteers are those people who want to assist at the stables with task likes general upkeep, feeding, mowing, fence repair, and cleaning the facilities.
**All Volunteers MUST have a background check before they are allowed to work around children. The Akron Area YMCA offers Background Checks at no cost to the volunteer. Results must be received before work on site is allowed.
Both Camps have many group projects that are perfect for Rotary Clubs, Kiwanis Clubs, Businesses, Scout projects, and other youth and adult volunteer organizations. You can also download a Camp Y-Noah Community and Eagle Scout Project List here.
Throughout the year, our friends will ask about our current needs that we have. You can now download a list of items most in need, here.
YMCA Camp Y-Noah
815 Mount Pleasant Rd.
Clinton, Ohio 44216
(330) 896-2956 (fax)