Volunteer/Donate at Akron Rotary Camp
What better expression of compassion, selflessness, and community than by donating your time and volunteering for something. Volunteering often opens the doors to new connections, leads down exciting and previously unknown career paths, and provides a deep sense of fulfillment. It is also a great opportunity to build your leadership skills and contribute to a well-rounded resume!
You can be sure that the staff and campers at the Akron Rotary Camp will appreciate your donation of time and attention. We have many opportunities for volunteer involvement that range from working with children and adults with special needs, to helping maintain and improve the camp grounds. Even an hour of your time is enough to make a lasting impact with a child. With respite programs offered 3 times a month, a sibling program, and summer camps in Summit and Portage counties, there are more than enough opportunities to be involved in the fun!
If you would like to work with our amazing campers, you can fill out an application and return it with three written references to the address provided on the form. If you would like to volunteer with the campers, you must attend a training session prior to service. Please call for more details.
To download our application click here. To download our reference form click here.
If you are interested in just giving your time to help keep camp beautiful, give us a call at 330-644-4512 or email Amanda Warner at firstname.lastname@example.org today!
NOTE: Volunteers do not take place of paid staff, and are not factored into our staff to camper ratio.
Rotary Camp is able to do some amazing things because of all of the support by the generous donations, whether they be someone's time, resources, or a monetary donation. Every donation allows us to do more to live out our mission of, "Creating A World Where There Are Only Abilities!" Some small donations that are always welcome at camp include:
- Arts and Crafts Supplies (card stock, construction paper, crayons, Elmer's glue, glue sticks, washable markers and washable paints, scissors, etc.)
- Nature Equipment and Food-Gift Cards to Pet Supply Plus
- Sports and Games Equipment (balls, bean bags, hula hoops, soft gator skin balls (no foam), etc.)
- Dress Up Costumes (children to adult sizes)
- Friendship Bracelet, String/Thread
- Masking Tape and Scotch Tape
- Poster Board
- Sidewalk Chalk
- Beach Toys
- Pool Noodles
- Water Guns (all sizes)
- Small Toys for the treasure chest (awards for campers)
- Gift Cards/Certificates for staff appreciation (Chipotle, Panera, Starbucks, Subway, Target, etc.)
- Copy Paper (white & colored)
- File Folders
- Markers & Highlighters
- Staplers & Staples
- Band Aids (latex free)
- Gauze Pads
- Insect Repellant
- Laundry Detergent and Fabric Softener Sheets
- Personal Hygiene Supplies (travel size- shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, etc.)
- Sleeping Bags
- Toothbrushes and travel size toothpaste
- Single serving snack food for counselors (chips, pretzels, baked goods (Little Debbie/Hostess)
Thank you for helping us make camp more enjoyable for our campers and for helping us "Create A World Where This Only Abilities."