Wadsworth Community Center
The Wadsworth Community Center is a unique collaboration with the City of Wadsworth, Wadsworth City Schools, Akron Area YMCA, Wadsworth-Rittman Summa Hospital, and Wadsworth Library. This shared facility houses a 90,000 square foot state-of-the-art facility including a 4-court field house, 8-lane lap pool, family recreation pool, therapy pool, fitness center, group exercise rooms, Soprema Cafe and Senior Center, WCTV Studio, Summa Physical Therapy and Library Kiosk. This is a shared facility, therefore certain portions of the facility may be closed for high school sports or events at certain times.
Memberships are available for individuals, families, youth and seniors. Financial assistance is available for those who qualify.
specific considerations for the community center:
- This is a shared facility with the High School and there are times when the Field House, Lap Pool or Walking Track will be closed to YMCA members due to High School sports and events.
- Parking lot procedures: YMCA members and program participants park in the front [north] parking lot. The side parking lot [west] is for Summa Therapy and the Senior Center.
- I f you are attending a school event, [regardless of YMCA membership], please park in the school parking lots, located behind the academic building and in front of the academic wings.
Amenities: Indoor Facility
- Family Recreation Pool with vortex and family fun play features and splash area
- 25 yard, 8 lane competition lap pool with grandstands [seats 300]
- Suit-mate dryers
- Warm water therapy pool-special classes only
- Fitness Center with State-of-the-Art equipment
- State-of-the-Art Cardio Equipment
- Stationary bikes
- 11 CYBEX selectorized strength machines
- Free weights and plate-loaded strength equipment
- Youth-sized exercise machines
- Group Exercise Studio
- 20 Kaiser power cycling bikes in dedicated cycling room
- Field House with four basketball courts (volleyball available)
- Indoor Walking Track - 8 laps to a mile
- Women’s and Men’s Locker rooms with 5 family changing rooms
- Child Watch Center (supervised care 6 weeks to 10 years for family members only)
- 2 Multi-Purpose Program Rooms
- Social hub area next to Wadsworth Library’s kiosk
- Convenient parking
Amenities: Outdoor PoolThe Outdoor Aquatic Center called the Grizzly Outdoor Pool is a shared project between the City of Wadsworth and the Wadsworth YMCA. You do not have to be a member of the YMCA to use this facility. Season passes are available for members, residents and nonresidents.
- Modified 25 yard deep water pool with diving board and drop slide
- Family Leisure Pool with zero depth entry, vortex, family play features and Splash Pad
- Multi-tiered membership opportunities for residents and nonresidents
- Season passes available
- Daily fees available
- Men's & Women's Locker Rooms and Family Changing Room
623 School Drive
Wadsworth, Ohio 44281