Youth and preschool Programs
The YMCA offers a variety of preschool and youth programs for all ages. The YMCA is dedicated to offering fun, positive activities that build athletic, social and interpersonal skills.
Children can take age-appropriate programs such as Wee Tumblers, Tiny Fitness, Discovering Art, Ballet, CheerNatstics, Baton Twirling, Yoga, Creative Movement, Teen Boot Camp, Dodgeball, CATCH [youth obesity prevention program], Basketball, Running Club, Indoor Soccer, Volleyball, T-ball and much more! Programs take place in the Field House, outside, and in classrooms.
Programs and Ages:
- 1-3 Years Old - Wee Tumblers, Wee Fitness, Wee Music Makers, Wee Movement, Wee Stars.
- 3-5 Years Old - Mom & Me Book Club, Tiny Fitness, Tiny Tumblers, Show Tikes, Story & Activity Time, Sporties for Shorties, Lil Dribblers, Lil Sluggers, Lil Kickers, Tennis Tots, Creative Movement, Kid's Stretch & Relax, Lil Kickers, Lil Heisman's Football, Lil Stars, Lil Rah Rahs, Ballet, Lil Music Makers, Superhero Training, Princess Adventure, Tiny Chefs, Fun Learning, Preschool Arts & Crafts.
- 6-9 Years Old - Dodgeball, Youth Basketball, Youth Basketball League, Kid's Stretch & Relax, Indoor Soccer, Soccer Camp, Flag Football Clinic, CATCH, Baton Twirling, Home School Arts & Crafts, Discovering Art, CheerNastics, Basic Tumbling, Intermediate Tumbling, Running Club, Ballet, Tap Dance, Zumba Kids, Basic Dance, Tennis, Ultimate Sports, Backyard Sports, Kid's Story, Youth Wrestling, Rising Stars, Aspiring Chefs. Softball & Baseball Clinic.
- 9-12 Years Old: Dodgeball, Kid's Stretch & Relax, Kid's Boot Camp, Kid's Cycling, Home School Arts & Crafts, Girls Who Can, Running Club, CATCH, Baton Twirling, Volleyball, Basic Dance, Tennis, Kung Fu, Jazz, Jazz 2, Writing Club, Modern Dance, Softball & Baseball Clinic, Advanced Volleyball Class, Homeschool Young Actors, Triathlon Sports.
- 13-16 Years Old: Teen Boot Camp, Teen Yoga, Teen Cycling, Teen Strength & Conditioning, Volleyball, Kung Fu, Dance Cardio, Aspiring Actors Workshop, Modern Dance, Advanced Volleyball Class.
- Family Classes (6-99 Years Old): Family Fitness.
Leagues and Ages:
- 3-5 Years Old - Small Stuff Soccer League (Late February - Mid April).
- 5-10 Years Old - Futsal Soccer League (Late February - Mid April).
- 5-12 Years Old - Youth Basketball League (January - February).
Futsal Soccer League: kindergarten - 3rd grade (Co-ed)
*Specialized indoor soccer program using a weighted ball.
- K - 1st at 5:45pm (Max. of 60 players)
- 2nd - 3rd at 6:30pm (Max. of 40 players)
Cost: $40 for Members & $60 for Program Members
Practice one evening per week (Monday - Friday at 7:00pm) and games on Saturdays (between 11:30am - 4:30pm). This developmental league is designed for all levels! Practice will involve teaching soccer fundamentals through drills and fun games. Games will be played in the YMCA Field House. Children will be divided into teams accordingly. Team shirts are included in the program cost. Team pictures (and individual pictures if desired) will also be conducted by Glen Rutherford Photography. Enrollment forms are located in the flyer racks and the front desk of the Wadsworth YMCA. Enrollment forms can also be emailed to you directly from Paiton Hosey. Please contact Program Director Ryan Reavy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 330-334-9622 with any questions of for more information.
*Volunteer coaches and referees are needed.
Youth Basketball league Winter II Session:
kindergarten - 6th Grade (Co-ed)
February 25th, 2019 - April 20th, 2019
Registration opens (in-House with enrollment form): January 7th, 2019
Registration deadline: February 17th, 2019
league meetings (for parents & Coaches): February 20th, 2019
- K - 1st at 5:45pm (Maximum Number of Participants)
- 2nd - 3rd at 6:30pm (Maximum Number of Participants)
- 4th - 6th at 7:15pm (Maximum Number of Participants)
Cost: $60 for Members & $80 for Program Members
Practice one evening a week (Monday - Friday at either 6:30pm or 7:30pm) and games are on Saturdays (possibly Friday evenings as well). 7 games with no make-up games. This developmental league is designed for all levels! Practice will involve teaching basketball fundamentals through drills and fun games. Games will be played in the YMCA Field House. Team shirts are included in the program cost. Team pictures (and individual pictures if desired) will also be conducted by Glen Rutherford Photography. Enrollment forms are located in the flyer racks and the front desk of the Wadsworth YMCA. Enrollment forms can also be emailed to you directly from Ryan Reavy. Please contact Program Director Ryan Reavy at email@example.com or 330-334-9622 with any questions or for more information.
*Volunteer coaches and referees are needed.
Interested in Becoming a volunteer instructor, coach, or referee? please contact paiton hosey at 330-334-9622 firstname.lastname@example.org and find out how you can make an impact on so many lives in our youth programs.
Registration opens online or in-house on Sunday, April 21st, 2019
Kindercamp is a 6 week program offered in the Summer. The weeks vary June - August. Children ages 3-5 years old have the opportunity to make a craft, play outside, tumble, read a story, socialize and make memories for their summer!
In addition, they students will learn new skills to prepare them for Preschool and/or Kindergarten. As your child (ren) learn with us, you can take this opportunity to have some quality you time!
*Maximum of 15 participants per week. Don't delay!
Tuesday - Friday this program is offered from 9:30-11:30am. The cost is $35 for Members and $65 for Program Members.
*Participants may be signed up for just 1 week or all weeks. It is completely up to you and your family!
2019 Camp Dates
June 11 - 14
June 18 - 21
June 25 - 28
July 9 - 12
July 23 - 26
July 30 - August 2
Summer playground program
Location: Central Intermediate School (CIS)
When: Monday - Thursday 9:30am-12:00pm (June 10th, 2019 - July 18th, 2019)
Ages: 6-12 Years Old
Cost: Free. (Children must live in the City of Wadsworth and be present from 9:30am-12:00pm.)
Children will have fun playing Indoors and Outdoors with arts/crafts, games and sports. While making new friends!
Registration: Registration opens on April 21st, 2019 (In-House). Parent must register each child and sign all waivers to participate. Children will need to be signed in/out each day unless the waiver to walk home has been signed. Registration is Free for all who attend.
This is a collaborative effort between the City of Wadsworth and the Wadsworth YMCA. Register at the YMCA or the site upon drop off on the first day. This program is not affiliated with the Wadsworth City Schools.