Youth and preschool Programs
The YMCA offers a variety of preschool and youth programs for all ages. The YMCA is dedicated to offering fun, positive activities that build athletic, social and interpersonal skills.
Children can take age-appropriate programs such as Wee Tumblers, Tiny Fitness, Discovering Art, Ballet, CheerNatstics, Baton Twirling, Yoga, Creative Movement, Teen Boot Camp, Dodgeball, CATCH [youth obesity prevention program], Basketball, Running Club, Indoor Soccer, Volleyball, T-ball and much more! Programs take place in the Field House, outside, and in classrooms.
Programs and Ages:
- 1-3 Years Old - Wee Tumblers, Wee Fitness, Wee Music Makers, Wee Movement, Wee Stars.
- 3-5 Years Old - Mom & Me Book Club, Tiny Fitness, Tiny Tumblers, Show Tikes, Story & Activity Time, Sporties for Shorties, Lil Dribblers, Lil Sluggers, Lil Kickers, Tennis Tots, Creative Movement, Kid's Stretch & Relax, Lil Kickers, Lil Heisman's Football, Lil Stars, Lil Rah Rahs, Ballet, Lil Music Makers, Superhero Training, Princess Adventure, Tiny Chefs, Fun Learning, Preschool Arts & Crafts.
- 6-9 Years Old - Dodgeball, Youth Basketball, Youth Basketball League, Kid's Stretch & Relax, Indoor Soccer, Soccer Camp, Flag Football Clinic, CATCH, Baton Twirling, Home School Arts & Crafts, Discovering Art, CheerNastics, Basic Tumbling, Intermediate Tumbling, Running Club, Ballet, Tap Dance, Zumba Kids, Basic Dance, Tennis, Ultimate Sports, Backyard Sports, Kid's Story, Youth Wrestling, Rising Stars, Aspiring Chefs. Softball & Baseball Clinic.
- 9-12 Years Old: Dodgeball, Kid's Stretch & Relax, Kid's Boot Camp, Kid's Cycling, Home School Arts & Crafts, Girls Who Can, Running Club, CATCH, Baton Twirling, Volleyball, Basic Dance, Tennis, Kung Fu, Jazz, Jazz 2, Writing Club, Modern Dance, Softball & Baseball Clinic, Advanced Volleyball Class, Homeschool Young Actors, Triathlon Sports.
- 13-16 Years Old: Teen Boot Camp, Teen Yoga, Teen Cycling, Teen Strength & Conditioning, Volleyball, Kung Fu, Dance Cardio, Aspiring Actors Workshop, Modern Dance, Advanced Volleyball Class.
- Family Classes (6-99 Years Old): Family Fitness.
Leagues and Ages:
- 3-5 Years Old - Small Stuff Soccer League (Late February - Mid April).
- 5-10 Years Old - Futsal Soccer League (Late February - Mid April).
- 5-12 Years Old - Youth Basketball League (January - February).
Youth Basketball league Winter I Session:
kindergarten - 6th Grade (Co-ed)
January 6th, 2020 - february 22, 2020
Registration opens (in-House with enrollment form): September 18, 2019
Registration deadline: November 20, 2019
- coaches meeting december 11th, 2019
- K - 1st at 5:45pm (Maximum Number of Participants)
- 2nd - 3rd at 6:30pm (Maximum Number of Participants)
- 4th - 6th at 7:15pm (Maximum Number of Participants)
Cost: $60 for Members & $80 for Program Members
Practice one evening a week (Monday - Friday at either 6:30pm or 7:30pm) and games are on Saturdays (possibly Friday evenings as well). 7 games with no make-up games. This developmental league is designed for all levels! Practice will involve teaching basketball fundamentals through drills and fun games. Games will be played in the YMCA Field House. Team shirts are included in the program cost. Team pictures (and individual pictures if desired) will also be conducted by Glen Rutherford Photography. Enrollment forms are located in the flyer racks and the front desk of the Wadsworth YMCA. Please contact Program Director Paiton Hosey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 330-334-9622 with any questions or for more information.
*Volunteer coaches and referees are needed.