Become a skilled rescuer with American Red Cross Lifeguard Training. The purpose of this course is to provide entry-level lifeguard participants with the knowledge and skills to prevent, recognize and respond to aquatic emergencies, breathing and cardiac emergencies, injuries, and sudden illnesses until emergency medical services (EMS) personnel take over. A portion of this class is online and must be completed before the first day of class. Attendance is mandatory for all class sessions.
- Participant must be 15 years old before the last day of class.
- Must pass pre-test to qualify for class: 300 yard swim, tread water without hands for two minutes, and retrieve a brick from 7 feet depth and return with the brick to the starting point while swimming on your back in a timed swim.
- Pre-test: Deadline Friday, Sept 24th (Bring suit, towel & water). Pre-test can be scheduled with Kathy via the contact information below, or scheduled to take place before the first day of training on the 25th.
- Pre-Class Training: Video link and waiver will be provided following pre-test.
- Class: September 25th, October 9th, October 16th 9:00a - 3:00p (MUST attend all 3 days)
- Y-Member: $185
- Program Member: $220
- Full refund if pretest is not passed
- Participants may be eligible for reimbursement if they work for the YMCA after passing.
Please contact Kathy Bugajski with questions: 330-334-9622, X1613 or email@example.com