MEMBER CODE OF CONDUCTThe YMCA is committed to providing a safe, caring, healthy and respectful environment for all members and guests. To promote these values, we ask all individuals to act appropriately at all times when they are using our facilities or participating in our programs. The following conduct can lead to suspension or termination of membership:
- Inappropriate attire.
- Physical contact with another person in an angry or threatening manner.
- Angry or vulgar language including swearing, name calling or shouting.
- Any demonstration of sexual activity or sexual contact with another person.
- Harassment by words, gestures, body language or any other menacing behavior
- Theft or behavior that results in destruction of property.
- Carrying or concealing a weapon or devices or an object that may be used as a weapon.
- Using or possessing illegal chemicals or alcohol on YMCA property, in YMCA vehicles or at YMCA-sponsored programs.
- Any other conduct of an inappropriate, threatening or offensive nature.
If any member or guest feels uncomfortable confronting a person regarding their behavior they should report the behavior to a staff member. Staff members are ready to help when these situations arise.
The YMCA conducts regular sex offender screenings on all members, participants, and guests. If a sex offender match occurs, the YMCA reserves the right to cancel membership, end program participation, and remove visitation access.
The protection of our members and guests participating in our programs and/or our facilities is of paramount interest to the Akron Area YMCA. The Akron Area YMCA reserves the right to deny access or membership to any person who has been accused or convicted of any crime involving sexual abuse; is a registered sex offender; habitually or excessively uses narcotics or dangerous drugs; has ever been convicted of any offense related to the use, sale, possession or transportation of narcotics or habit forming and/or dangerous drugs; or continually or excessively uses intoxicating beverages.